– 3 green apples
– 3 cups of oats
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
– 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
– 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts
– 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 4/3 tablespoons of coconut flower nectar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Take your apples. Core, peel and cut into quarters.
3. Fill a medium-sized pot half full with water and add the apples. Bring to boil.
4. Once boiling lower the temperature and maintain a low simmer for 15- 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
5. Remove the pot from the heat. Drain the apples and let them cool.
6. Once the apples have cooled pop them into a blender with your coconut flower nectar. Blend until smooth. This is your apple sauce.
7. In a large bowl add your oats, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix together.
8. Then add your pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, crushed walnuts and chia seeds and mix well.
9. Now add your applesauce to the above dry mixture and mix together thoroughly. If you like your granola sweet now is the time to add some extra sweetener.
10. Grease a baking tray with coconut oil and spread the granola mixture evenly onto the tray.
11. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir and continue baking for around another 5 to 15 minutes more or until the granola is very light golden brown colour. Keep an eye on it, it can change from light brown to burnt very quickly.
12. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. The granola will harden and become crunchy as it cools. Once cool your granola is ready!
Keep your granola in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy with your favorite milk, honey and fresh fruits for a healthy start to your day.