Photography Shawn Kei
As a fun way to celebrate the launch of Lane Crawfords new range of natural and organic beauty products they invited me to come and share some simple recipes incorporating a few of these products. I couldn’t think of a lovelier way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon than with like minded people who enjoy to learn and create. Thanks to everyone that joined me and especially to those of you who weren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. I really do hope my demonstration inspired you to go home and create your own versions of these 2 very healthy, easy but delicious treats.
Here are the recipes that I shared on Saturday in case you missed out.
BLUEBERRY PROTEIN BALLS
1 1/2 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/3 cup of dried blueberries
1/2 cup of dark chocolate or cacao paste
1 serving of Super Elixir Chocolate Nourishing Protein
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except blueberries into a food processor and blend until completely combined. This should take around 30seconds – 1 minute max.
- Add blueberries and blend but only to mix in the blueberries not to make them disappear into the mixture. We want the blueberries to stay whole.
- Take about 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball.
- Your balls are now down however you could roll them in chia seeds, cacao nibs or coconut to make them look extra pretty.
These will stay fresh in the freezer for a month or in the fridge a week.
SUPER SMOOTHIE BOWL
2 Frozen over ripe bananas
1 Frozen avocado
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/4 cup of fresh almond milk
1 serving of The Super Elixir Alkalising Greens
a variety of nuts, fresh fruits or granola of your choice
- Add all ingredients into a powerful blender and blend until well combined. You want this mixture to be thick so use your almond milk to control the texture by only adding in a little by little.
- Once you have a nice thick texture place in bowl and add your chosen toppings. It’s that easy!
These are 2 very simple recipes that literally anyone can try at home. You can make big batches of the balls on the weekend and have them ready for the whole week as a quick snack, pick me up or naughty but nice treat.
Don’t forget I also have an awesome competition running on my instagram at the moment. All you have to do is tag me @caragmcilroy @lanecrawford and #LCNATURALBEAUTY for a chance to win a bag of Lane Crawford goodies filled with full size natural and organic products from their new range. I will be choosing the winners on the 21st of July so you still have all week to get into your kitchen and get creative.