– 2 cups of raw organic coconut flakes
– 1/2 cup of raw organic maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla essence
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean
The chocolate coating:
– 1/2 cup cacao paste
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean
– 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut flower sugar
– a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
* You will need a food processor or good blender for this recipe
1. Place all of the filling ingredients into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
2. Take a tablespoon of the filling and shape it into a rectangle with your hands.
3. Place the rectangles onto a tray and leave in the freezer until frozen. Now its time to make the chocolate.
4. Take a pot and fill with water around 1/2 way from the bottom. Take a thick glass bowl that fits snug on the top of your pot. You don’t want your glass bowl to touch the water or the bottom of your pot. This method of melting chocolate is called double boil. Check out this informative clip if your confused. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2UGOZMd9qM
5. Place the coconut oil and cacao paste into the glass bowl. Turn the heat onto low. Stir frequently until oil and cacao paste have completely melted.
6. Now add your coconut flower sugar and vanilla bean powder into the melted mixture. Stir until all the coconut flower sugar granules have melted. Turn off the heat. Your chocolate is now ready!
7. Take your now frozen coconut filling rectangles out of the freezer, dip each piece into the chocolate sauce and placed on a tray.
8. Pop your bounty bars back into the freezer until the chocolate has hardened. To get a thicker coating of chocolate, dip the raw bounty bars a second time and freeze again. Then your done.
WARNING! If you are like me and love chocolate I suggest doubling this recipe. These are super addictive and don’t last long in my fridge at all.