– 2 bananas
– crushed organic freeze dried apples
– raw organic coconut flakes
– 1/2 a cup of raw cacao paste
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
– 1 1/2 tbl spoons raw coconut oil
– 1 1/2 tbl spoons coconut flower sugar
1. Peel and cut each banana in half and insert a popsicle stick into where the banana was cut, the flat end. Place on a tray and place in the freezer until frozen.
2. Prepare a good amount of sprinkles, crushed freeze dried apples and raw organic coconut flakes onto separate plates and set aside for later, these are your toppers.
3. Take a pot and fill with water around 1/2 way from the bottom. Take a thick glass bowl that fits snug on the top of your pot. You don’t want your glass bowl to touch the water or the bottom of your pot. This method of melting chocolate is called double boil. Check out this informative clip if your confused. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2UGOZMd9qM
4. Place the coconut oil and cacao paste into the glass bowl. Turn the heat onto low. Stir frequently until oil and cacao paste have completely melted.
5. Now add your coconut flower sugar and vanilla bean powder into the melted mixture. Stir until all the coconut flower sugar granules have melted. Turn off the heat. Your chocolate is now ready!
6. Take your toppers and frozen bananas that you had prepared earlier.
6. Hold the popsicle stick and carefully dip your frozen bananas into your melted chocolate. You can completely cover the banana or dip them only half way, the choice is yours.
7. Immediately roll your chocolate covered banana into the topper. Place on a tray and pop it back into the freezer for the chocolate to set. This should only take around 20 mins max and then your absolutely delicious treats are ready to be devoured.
Get creative with the toppers, you could use nuts, honeycomb, cacao nibs or chia seeds. You could even mix a bunch of ingredients together. Keep them 100% guilt free or add something naughty. The possibilities are endless.
These are for sure a favorite with my daughter India as you can see, and me too.